Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lightbulb



This is my homework from last weeks drawing class. I'm quite proud of my lightbulb. = ) However, in order to get all the shading in the actual lightbulb, it would have to have been darker overall. I'm still struggling with that.
You'll notice the shadow of the bulb is lighter in the middle. My instructor commented on this. I had to explain to her that this is what I saw. The reason being that with the light passes through from top to bottom of the bulb. As it shines through the sides of the bulb the sides get thicker, thus resulting in a halo in the middle of the shadow and darker on the outside.
I also selectively ignored the windows reflecting in the sides otherwise it would have taken 4 or more hours to draw instead of the 2 1/2 or so. = )

No comments: