Monday, September 22, 2008

New Artistic Endeavor


Even though the title of this blog is "Tammy's Stamping Fun", now that I'm no longer an active consultant, I'm going to incorporate my other craft interests.

Right now that interest has turned to drawing. I used to doodle all the time in elementary school. Since my junior and high school electives were taken up with band, I was unable to take art classes. Plus, once I saw my friend's effortless works of art, I became discouraged and put it aside for other crafts. So I've come full circle and decided to try my hand at it once again after becoming inspired by some beautiful fan art on the web.

I'm taking an adult education class for drawing. The first class our teacher had us shade down a piece of paper from light to dark so we could get a feel for gradually shading using our pencils. Then we got to pick an object to draw. I was the last one to pick, so my choices were limited. Probably was a good thing. LOL Here's the drawing of the clothes pin from 9/15. The object is shading and shadow for 3-D effect, details are secondary.

Again, I try not to compare myself to the others in the class but the others put mine to shame. LOL

No comments: