Monday, September 22, 2008

Pumpkin


For our second class we did contour and gesture drawing. You draw an object or a person doing an action without looking at the paper and without lifting your pencil. Yeah, nobody will ever see those pictures. LOL

We then got to draw another object. This time it was a mini pumpkin. I had about a half an hour and had trouble just with the outline so didn't get much shading done. My instructor has told me I need to let go of my perfectionism. = ) I'm sure I do, but at the same time I want my drawing to look as close to the real thing as possible, especially if I want to eventually be doing people. Anyway, one step at a time.
Our homework this week is to do a frosted lightbulb or a battery. I also have a swap due Sunday, so I'll be posting that soon, too.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow~ I had no idea you could draw!!!

I can barely sign my name!